Friday 25 January 2013

TGIF!




I am feeling really happy this morning for no apparent reason. I dunno but maybe because it’s Friday, ‘TGIF’ as it is popularly known. Has it ever occurred to you that majority of the people who update their PM’s and statuses with ‘TGIF’ do not even do anything spectacular on Friday? Worst of all are those on Tweeter and Facebook, these ones even tweet and post as early as 00:00hrs and do nothing else afterwards. No clubbing, partying or outing, not even sex as they make us believe. To start with, why should you be happy about Friday when you don’t have a job, you’ve got no cash and worst off all no friends? Bad as e bad, u fit go (night) vigil; Pentecostal churches and ministries full everywhere.


Let’s talk about me. I slept well, thanks for asking. None of you recommended any masseuses, ok, maybe because I said they should be of Chinese origin. Seriously, I take that back. If you know any at all, even if they are from Ijebu, Ilesha, Ojota, Ibadan or even Akure; I’d be grateful. Their deep tribal marks may help my pains reduce. Because when I think of the pains they suffer whenever they look in the mirror, I’d be encouraged.


Just in case you don’t feel happy, or you are having a terrible moodswing, have it in mind that it’s normal. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t permit anyone or anything to steal your joy. 


Lemme give you some tips that could help you.

1.     Remember your fondest childhood memories. Maybe when you got your first bicycle or when you were taken to the amusement park, if you are an ajebutter like me. Otherwise, remember when you shot your first pigeon with your catapult or when you played the ‘early-morning-pepper soup game. You may also choose to remember your most embarrassing moments; I bet they’ll make you smile.


2.      Go through pictures of yourself and family. I recommend you go through pictures that depict your growing-up years. You’d laugh at how naïve you looked and how much you have upgraded, if you have.


3.      Give someone a call, maybe family, friends or loved ones. You should call that guy or babe that makes you really laugh. A good gist with some humour would help you get your smile back. (You can  call me). I didn’t say you should pay Mama Nkechi or Ekaete a visit oo.


4.     Think of, and call your lover; husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, manfriend, womanfriend, animalfriend, sugar-mummy, sugar daddy, sugar granny, or whoever else there is. If you don’t have any, then please accept my sympathies. In that case, I’d recommend you start with your neighbour (that one that isn’t married o).


5.    Most important of all, sing your favourite song , record your voice and replay the voice note. I am certain that you’d be surprised at how bad your voice sounds. Sorry to disappoint you.

             My dear, if none of these work, call your pastor or that prayer warrior in your church. I’m sure your problem is from the village and you need special laying-on of hands.



I am resolved to enjoy my day. I hope you enjoy yours too.

THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY joor!

2 comments:

  1. Terrific!I'm laffyn out my lungs...Dear...Yhu've just made my day..thanks......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too for reading. Its good to laugh buh pls be careful wiv your lungs o. I no follow for that one. Cheers.

      Delete