Friday 22 February 2013

I SHALL NOT DIE

Missed me???? Missed you too. I haven't gotten over my valentine activity yet. I don't know about you but my valentine went well. It was one of the bests I've ever had. Uhhhm, I may say a few things about it later.

So how have you been? To be honest, I have missed writing and more importantly,  getting all the e-mails and mentions from you. Those commendations have been inspiring and really motivating. Thank God we are alive and that you can read this.

I want to use this opportunity to thank the Almighty God for how He saved my life. Yeah, I know that this is not a church service but there is nothing wrong in telling my friends of God's faithfulness in my life.

This may sound hilarious but its true and its worth testifying about. It had been a long week and I was happy that finally the weekend had come around. I wrote series of tests all through the week, did all manner of assignments, read all through the night for five consecutive days and finally, it was Friday, 5pm. I just couldn't contain my excitement. I had a mental picture of my weekend. I had planned to play football on Saturday morning, go to the hospital for check-up in the afternoon, take a nap in the early hours of the evening and read all through the night into Sunday. Yes, I still had to read because I am a student and I've got exams that won't write themselves.

So I bade my female classmates goodbye and I happily boarded the bus. To my greatest surprise the driver decided to turn on the air conditioner and I was even happier about it. I never knew it was a plot from the pit of Hell; (please don't get me wrong, the driver isn't a demon). We got on the road and we had to wait for the traffic light to turn green, so we were in a little traffic jam. Just when I decided to close my eyes, breathe in the cool air and relax, a good Nigerian on the bus with me felt pressed and decided to FART. It was a quiet one, not even a hum and the smell was unbearable. I wasn't close to any window and I didn't even want to open my mouth. I opened my eyes sha and I thoroughly scanned the faces of those sitting by my side. Trust the criminals, they all looked comfortable and relaxed, like they had oxygen masks on. I didn't also want to look like the guilty one because if only me could perceive it, or if I was the first to perceive it, I would probably be the first  suspect.

The height of it was when another concerned Nigerian spoke up about the polluted air. He's breath was even worse. To be frank, I'd prefer to manage the 'mess' than breathe in a quarter of that guy's breath. In fact, his mouth odour was so terrible that the fart smelled like perfume. I didn't know when I unconsciously burst into tongues. I started remembering all of God's promises for me and how He wants me to live and grow old, and get married. In my heart, I knew my life couldn't end that way because, 'I shall not die but live...'. God touched the heart of the person by the window to open it and after ten minutes, we had a breathe of fresh air. Glory to God.

This testimony attests to the fact that God answers prayers. Feel free to call on Him anytime. And then, always remember to pray before boarding any bus.

As my conclusion, I pray for you today. I pray that any of the Devil's subtle tactics to take you down, be it by body odour, mouth odour, stale air odour, etc, God'll protect your nostrils and keep your lungs in the hollow of His hands. Can I hear an AMEN???

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment