Thursday 14 February 2013

BEAUTIFUL WORDS

It feels good to be complimented. Most people, except one lady I know, love to be complimented and in fact some may be really mad at you if you do not offer them any. The Yoruba people in Nigeria are a people who can give you all the money in their pockets when you say the right words to them. Many a time, I have had my wishes granted by my Yoruba superiors by saying the right words of praise or singing eulogies to them.

In the same manner, some words could be very hurtful. The presentation could be even worse. Sometime last week, I jokingly told a very pretty girl that her hairstyle didn't really fit her face. Don't get me wrong, I said it discreetly and like a good friend would. She said nothing but smiled at me and we went our ways afterwards. I never knew I had really annoyed the young woman and that I was going to be a victim of some tongue lashing. After about two days, I happened to notice that she was online on skype and I said hi as I normally would. It was war afterwards and I was the unfortunate victim.

The crux of the matter is that words are like bullets and so should be used wisely and with caution. We all should learn to aim and fire very well. Below are some suggested tips that may work.
>> Think well before you speak.
>> Think well before you reply.
>> Be more positive in your words to others.
>> Be generous with compliments.
>> When the truth is bitter, use some salt.

When time permits, I will go to her and apologize. I hope she reads this and she finds out that am sorry. Her name is Ayomide Martins and if you know her, please help me tell her that am sorry and yes, she is beautiful.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment